Thursday, March 24, 2011

Corning Preserve Bike Path

Longing to play with the geese

Albany might not be perfect, but I feel lucky to live in a city with so many options to get outside! I have always utilized it's parks and ponds, but since owning Koda, I have never been so *grateful* for them.

Down by the Hudson River, a ten minute drive from my house, we have the Corning Preserve, located along the Mohawk-Hudson Bike-Hike Trail. I have biked from Albany to Clifton Park on this trail and it's pretty cool. There is a section where it diverts you into a city and some neighborhoods where you have to be careful of cars (I try to avoid that section now) but the fact that it is there and very well maintained makes me happy!

(note: we saw a bald eagle on this walk, flying low over the river... beautiful!)

We brought Koda here with a group of friends over the weekend. The Hudson was high and brown because of the spring run-off. But ducks and geese are migrating over Albany on their way up north, and Koda has a new-found "love" of these birds, haha. I will be keeping him on a leash for a long while!


Albany is rather historic, as well, so you get to read some signs and see canals. I want to bring Koda up soon to the parks a little farther north, around Troy, to see the locks. I've loved these places since I was a kid. Koda doesn't care so much about the history... but the SMELLS! Oh, the smells, how he loves them. Tons of deer and rabbit tracks for him to shove his nose into. Plus, lots of other dogs and people to meet!



So, spring is coming, it is a little brown, the rains and slush still come, but we can all feel it and we are ready! Koda is growing into a gorgeous and sweet dog that I am so proud of. More to see and do, and we will tell you all about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment